Saturday, April 26, 2014

A to Z Challenge - Day 23

(image captured via Google search)

What When Where & Why

Today is W's day in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge. Since there are no characters with this initial, I thought I would say a little something about the writing process. What, when, where, and why are the questions I ask myself when I am considering the plots, characters, and the outcome of the series. 
WHAT is going to happen. 
WHERE is it going to happen. 
WHEN is it going to happen. 
WHY is it going to happen.

(gif captured via Google search)
Within the first book, the writing really took on a mind of its own. I didn't really know anything about the writing process. I researched and let the story form within my head and just typed what was forming. Looking back, I really should have developed the base story more firmly within the first book. The reasoning later, I decided, was because maybe the reader could be left just as confused and disorientated as Nyx and Eryn are - sort of - by the end of the first story. She meets a lot of beings, that's disorienting, and then just when she thinks things are safe, she wakes up and Tobar is missing... so now she's confused. Although, it's pretty evident who has him. Either way, I'm learning as I go and now, after reading A LOT; other authors suggestions, tips, and things. These were crucial questions to ask yourself while you are consumed within the realms and trying to write a compelling and addictive story for everyone to love.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you