Friday, April 11, 2014

A to Z Challenge - Day 10

Jin - Shadow Entities

Mentioned only briefly in the first book, and not even by name. Within the realms Jin are thought to be ancient dimension of spirit. They disappear upon direct sight, this is why they have only ever been seen within the peripheral vision. There are no known malevolent documented accounts. The Jin are watchers, they particularly like to watch during times of rest, such as when mortals sleep. It is legend that the Jin, if you are not worthy of life, they would sweep the breath from you while you slept, becoming the shadowy spirit yourself and trapped within. They make their presence known latter on in the series, when we learn their origin and who they report to. 

Excerpt Going off Dreams

As I was sitting there considering the possibilities, I could see outside. It was dark already, but the light from the moon illuminated certain things. I stretched out of the chair and walked over to the back door; Bryan was right behind me. He had finished his dinner and was ready to go back outside.
Something struck me as odd, though. I thought I’d glimpsed something to my left, in my peripheral vision. I could have sworn I saw … something, like a shadow. I rubbed my eyes. Bryan was finished with his business so we walked back into the house. I kept looking at the spot where I thought I had seen something. Maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me. I was exhausted, hungry, and aching from the day. It wasn’t the first time I had been tired and seen “shadows” so I didn’t think much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you