Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bittersweet

Picture from Google Search
March 2, 2013

I have read different information on different posting and have listened to suggestions.  My question is – how important is editing your ebook?  I think it is different for everyone.  I also think that main stream might be distracted from anything different then the cookie cutter productions that they are accustomed to. 
Picture from Google Search
March 2, 2013
My perspective: I think the integrity of the writing is more expressive if the author writes how and what they want.  I do not believe that a creative writer should sacrifice their technique.  But, I also think it is a personal choice that only the author can make.  While it has been suggested to me to have my first book edited, others have told me not to, that I should continue to finish the second book and go through the process with the second of editing and trying to make the cover more presentable.
Picture from Google Search
March 2, 2013
My choice:  To leave the first book “Going off Dreams” how it is.  So many people I know have already purchased hard copies of the book.  Why change it?  I can take the constructive criticism I have received and use the knowledge toward the rest of the series.  I have read that many authors, when thy go back to the first book they had written, can notice more mistakes.  They comment how they have learned so much from their first publication. 
Picture from Google Search
March 2, 2013
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  It is the bitter sweetness of the industry.  While some people will love your book and anticipate more, there will always be someone that will criticize your work.  I guess I should grow a tougher skin.  It’s hard to not take criticism personally, when your writing is a personal property.  As I said, this is something I am learning as I go.  I always welcome comments and suggestions.  I would really appreciate feedback.
Picture from Google Search
March 2, 2013
What has been your experience?  Have you learned any tips or tricks of the trade?

Until next time or the next… dream,

K.E.Nowinsky
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you