Monday, February 25, 2013


February 25, 2013

It amazes me how much can change within a few minutes…

In researching marketing tips and tricks on createspace.com I came across and article asking if self-publishers or Indi books, should have a trailer.  I could see how it was another channel to expose your work on and possibly to get more followers.  The only question I had – how am I supposed to make a trailer?

Quick thinking led me to send a message to a friend (someone I had known since elementary or middle school).  Talking on the phone I found out that she has her own production company.  She had some wonderful ideas about the trailer for the first book.  I don’t want to ‘put the idea’s out there’ yet.  But, let me say – it made the hairs on my arms stand up and gave me chills (in a good way)!

Then! We even discussed (down the road) creating a web-series.  What do you think?  All I can say right now is that I am so excited.  When I was writing the first book, I could see the scenes and characters – and felt that this could be something more (like a series on cable or a movie). 

For the longest time I had been so cynical about ‘dreams coming true’ (this coming from a huge Disney fan).  With everything that has happened in my life, through all the crap; I didn’t see how I was ever going to have something good (no matter how much I deserved it).  However – praise God – I feel like my hand it stretching out, I can almost reach.  If I could just stretch a little further I can hold the proverbial dream ball in my hand and have it all…

Until next time, or the next… dream

K.E.Nowinsky

Don’t forget to visit:
The official Going off Dreams Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you